The following press release was issued today by BenQ America Corp.
|BenQ America Corp. Contact:
Jan Spence, Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: +1 (214) 205-1825
Tel: +1 (954) 392-6990
For Immediate Release
BenQ Sponsors a Second Key ESEA League Event
As Official Gaming Sponsor of ESEA League Season 10 Playoffs, BenQ Will Provide High-Performance XL2420T Gaming Monitors for All Matches Demonstrating Gaming Is In the Details
IRVINE, Calif. — March 2, 2012 — BenQ America Corp. today announced that it will serve as the official gaming monitor sponsor for the E-Sports Entertainment (ESEA) League Season 10 (S10) LAN Playoffs, March 2-4 in Dallas, where North America's top Counter-Strike (CS), Counter-Strike: Source (CS:S), and Team Fortress 2 (TF2) players will compete for an $80,000 purse. Throughout the ESEA S10 LAN Playoffs, all matches will be played on cutting-edge BenQ XL2420T gaming monitors that have been designed for gamers, by gamers, featuring a super-fast response rate, razor-sharp clarity, and tailored control.
"At BenQ we are dedicated to the gamer, and our pro-inspired systems reflect that commitment," said Bob Wudeck, Director of Retail and e-Commerce at BenQ America Corp. "We're excited to be supporting the ESEA League again this year, and look forward to a weekend of tough battles."
The XL Series monitors demonstrate BenQ's dedication to delivering pro gaming monitors equipped with innovative features that help gamers take their performance to the next level. Offering a 120-Hz refresh rate, 2-ms GTG response time, and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio, the XL2420T provides the fundamentals essential to mastering first-person shooter (FPS) gaming, as well as exclusive features meticulously constructed to provide FPS gamers with the ultimate sense of ease and control. The talent behind the monitor design includes prominent CS legends such as Emil "HeatoN" Christensen, Abdisamad "SpawN" Mohamed, Tommy "Potti" Ingemarsson, Christer "fisker" Eriksson, and Michael "ahl" Korduner, as well as Xanver from UMX-Gaming.
Other features that set the BenQ XL Series apart from other monitors include:
• Black eQualizer color engine technology that allows gamers to brighten the image display without over-exposing white levels, revealing critical combat details with improved visibility in darkened areas.
• Stylish S Switch controller that allows users to swiftly switch between up to three customized display settings for one-touch access for gaming or entertainment.
• Display Mode that allows gamers to interchange between monitor screen sizes, while the Smart Scaling feature gives them the freedom to manually scale the screen to any custom size (17- to 24-inch).
• Specialized FPS and RTS Preset Modes that enable optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness, and color tint to provide gamers with the vantage point to spot and track their opponents' every move, even in indistinct situations.
• Game Mode Loader is an online platform that stores gaming presets used not only by pro gamers, but also by gaming legends such as HeatoN and SpawN. Users can install these exclusive presets and leverage them to their advantage. They can also take the extra step of saving the presets onto the S Switch for quick access.
• Certified NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2-Ready provides gamers with full-HD 3D gaming and entertainment experiences like never before. Additionally, NVIDIA 3D LightBoost™ technology brightens the screen up to twice the original brightness for more vivid viewing.
The XL2420T is just part of BenQ's powerful monitor lineup engineered specifically for competitive gamers. The new BenQ RL2450HT was designed in conjunction with ZOWIE GEAR, an innovative manufacturer of high-end professional gaming gear, and STARTALE, a world-class StarCraft 2 professional gaming team. The monitor provides unprecedented levels of control and accuracy for top-level real-time strategy (RTS) gamers. Offering a 24-inch widescreen (16:9) full HD LED screen and 2-ms GTG response time, the RL2450HT is packed with a number of innovative features including Black eQualizer, RTS mode, Display Mode, and Smart Scaling.
Additional information on the ESEA Season 10 LAN Playoffs is available at eseanews.com. Information on the full line of BenQ gaming monitors is available at gaming.benq.com.
# # #
About BenQ America Corp.
BenQ America Corp. is a leading-edge digital display technology company supplying superior-quality projectors and gaming monitors. BenQ America Corp. offers compelling 3D solutions from big screens to desktops. Today BenQ ranks as the world's No. 1-selling DLP® projector brand, as well as the No. 1 name in short-throw projectors.
About BenQ Corporation
BenQ Corporation, a leading provider of networked digital lifestyle devices, is a multifaceted company with strengths in product design, visual technology, and mobile technology. BenQ offers an unrivalled breadth and depth of products and integrated technologies across platforms through the brand promise of "Bringing Enjoyment and Quality to Life," including digital projectors, LCD monitors, LCD TVs, digital cameras, eBook readers, mobile Internet devices, storage devices, and human interface devices such as mice and keyboards.
About BenQ Group
The BenQ Group comprises companies that operate independently while sharing resources and leveraging synergies among them. The BenQ Group companies include BenQ Corporation, AU Optronics Corporation (in the top three of the world's manufacturers of large-size TFT-LCD panels), Qisda Corporation, Darfon Electronics Corporation, BenQ Materials Corp., BenQ Guru Software Co., BenQ Hospital, BrightView Corp., Cando Co. Ltd., Daxin Materials Corp., Darwin Precisions, Ltd., Dazzo Technology Corp., Forhouse Corp., SiPix Imaging, Lextar Electronics Corp., Raydium Semiconductor Corp., BenQ Medical Technology Corporation, and Wellypower Corp.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.