ISE 2019 — It’s A Wrap!
Another Extraordinary Year for AV
By Veronica Esbona, President
We’re back from ISE, pumped by experiencing the latest AV technology at the world’s largest pro AV show. ISE, AVIXA, and CEDIA executed a world-class event, which saw a record-breaking attendance.
Attendance numbers weren’t the only precedent-shattering trends, however. There was an influx of innovative technologies that centered around five key areas:
- Projection Mapping — Master projection designer Bart Kresa presented Sviatovid, a faceted, five-meter tall projection sculpture with jaw-dropping effects. Additional 3D mapping exhibits at booths, outside, and even on nearby hotels reinforced the technology’s influence in the industry as it shifts from entertainment to the next essential visual communications tool.
- Unified Communications — Customers need multifaceted solutions that streamline equipment deployment and simplify management tasks across global enterprises, while providing user-friendly, high-quality AV capabilities. It’s a tall order that saw a variety of solutions built for any meeting environment, from home offices, to huddle rooms, to large conference rooms and boardrooms.
- Digital Signage — On display were innovations in large-format commercial displays, sensors, AI, and smart data technology that can capture how many people looked at the sign, for how long, their reactions, and even demographics that can display messaging uniquely targeted to the viewer.
- AV-Over-IP, HDBaseT, and Fiber — Affordable and flexible new solutions were highlighted that offer new features that simplify distribution and project management, including video wall support, 4K distribution, and audio distribution for an all-in-one systems approach.
- Residential Solutions — There were beautiful 8K displays that signify a mainstream adoption of 4K and that the experience is about to get even better. IoT and AI-equipped devices continued to push the envelope of smart home and building control and management.